What is an Electronic Field Record (EFR)?
An Electronic Field Record (EFR) is a complete, digital record of every machine pass (i.e. activity) which is automatically standardized and geospatially organized by field.
Farmobile® is a leading provider of connected cab technology, collecting LIVE point-by-point agronomic and machine data from a mixed fleet and organizing it into viewable, shareable EFRs.
How do EFRs benefit me?
EFRs allow you to view, download and share standardized machine and agronomic data that has been automatically geospatially organized by farm field. Farmers and precision ag advisors can import agronomic and/or machine data into their agronomy software to make better, more timely recommendations, measure results and improve performance across machines and fields.
What file types do EFR exports support?
Your EFR data can be exported as .csv, .shp or .GeoJSON files for use with your agronomic software. Export your EFRs as aggregate or point-by-point data files at the field, farm or grower levels.
What are features of an EFR?
- Field-centric record(s) automatically generated by activity layer from the point-by-point, second-by-second data collected LIVE by Farmobile PUC™ device.
- Full-season results for as-planted, as-applied and as-harvested details by activity and field.
* As-planted: Crop type, seed variety, average population, date/field and number in the field.
* As-applied: Average rate, average pressure, droplet size, product used, date/field in the field
* As-harvested: Crop type, total production, average wet yield, average dry yield, average rate, average moisture, date/field in the field
- Secure access within 24 hours of field activity / available via the Farmobile DataEngine platform web-based user interface or Farmobile app.
- Data control + on-demand sharing with precision ag advisors.
- Interactive heatmaps to view and analyze agronomic activity in the field.
- Multiple attributes: Data visualization to tell the entire story.
- Side-by-side comparisons: Compare key attributes from the same EFR, or two EFRs from the same crop cycle.
What are the benefits of using EFRs?
- Get revenue opportunities (certify to monetize) via the Farmobile DataStore℠ exchange. EFRs can be certified in the Farmobile DataEngine platform.
- Access data any time, any place to verify actual plant, spray or harvest field activity on the spot.
- Check field performance with trusted advisors.
- Use full-season EFRs to guide next year’s input and machine purchases.
- Look back at past EFRs to manage future decisions.
- Simplify data management with immediately available EFRs (no more waiting for thumb drives).
Why is organizing and standardizing data so important?
The problem with the agronomic and machine data being collected by precision ag machines is: they all speak a different language. To actually put data to work in software, it must be standardized. Farmobile removes the workload and time by automatically organizing Farmobile PUC device-collected data so it can be viewed and downloaded within 24 hours from the Farmobile DataEngine platform.
What is the purpose of certifying EFRs?
Farmers, who elect to license their data for a new revenue source through the Farmobile DataStore exchange, must sign a Farmobile DataStore Participation Agreement and annually certify the accuracy of their EFR data. The certification process helps to ensure that quality data is being submitted to the Farmobile DataStore exchange.
How do I certify EFRs?
There are two ways to certify EFRs.
- Self-Certify: You can certify data by logging in to the Farmobile DataEngine platform. After logging in, follow these steps: 1) select field, 2) turn on activity layer, 3) select ‘certify’ and 4) enter aggregate totals to reflect the output in that field. Certification must be done on a field by field basis.
- Utilize Farmobile Services: Get help certifying your data. Contact Steve Cubbage, via email at email@example.com, for details.